Monday, August 1, 2011

Inspirational (fabricated) romance

I'm absolutely a fairytale princess romantic. I want to be swept off my feet and carried through the threshold on my wedding night. I want to kiss at the top of a ferris wheel. I want to cuddle on a hammock by a lake or jump into a waterfall holding hands.

So why, when I see these things on TV, do I get this tension as my teeth move to smile and my gag reflex starts to tighten? I add the bachelorette scenes to my romance bucket list but choke at the thought of life as a continuum of atrocious PDA and heart-to-heart talks with damsel in distress moments. Life has it's adorable moments but aren't most dates hours of just chatting like normal people do? On the Bachelorette, America's watching 10-15 minutes of cute from an 8 hour reel of footage. I wonder what she and her men do for the other 465 minutes of the date, the parts that the producers leave out.

While most of the time in real life is the 465 minutes of normalcy, the 10-15 make things exciting. And when you can differentiate which makes you happier, that's when you're in...

I can't even say the 'L' word. Maybe Ashley Hebert will tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment