Tuesday, December 13, 2011

State of HisPanic

Something has sent me into a completely crumbling overload of messiness!
And I consider myself to be absurdly composed, at least in the eyes of others. However, I'm falling to pieces.

I had no problem adjusting here. I came, I saw, and I conjugated new verbs in weeks. I loved almost everything and have only the most wonderful things to say and tell and share about my time here.

But now, I'm having allergic reactions to the end. My body is tensing up involuntarily. I'm on the verge of tears. I feel itchy and I keep sneezing. I took some miscellaneous drug that I thought was a general all-remedy but I don't think it did much. It also tasted suspiciously minty. Hmmm...

Self-diagnosis: I've got the leaving blues. Weird because I can't wait to get home to Scarsdale and then Northwestern and really, America in general. It's time to go, for sure. Spain impressed me and changed me but I am an American girl.

I've decide this sudden on-set angst and anxiety derives from a general stress of time and how little of it I have. To pack, to say goodbye, to be at home, to get to school, to finish college, to grow up...

Oh, and probably stressed most about that final on the history and organization of the European Union tomorrow. Wish me some buena suerte because I will definitely be needing it. (At least I can name all the capitals now? Useful takeaways from study abroad! Malta: La Valeta, Cyprus: Nicosia, Eslovenia: Ljubljana, Latvia: Riga... I'll spare you the rest)

Oyoyoy. Call a doctor, I'm having a hisPanic attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment