Sunday, December 11, 2011

Though the weather outside is frightful...

After days of Kate and Elizabeth Christmas Caroling through our eleven day adventure, I can't get the fragmented lyrics - and Christmas spirit - out of my happy, but exhausted head.

As I fall asleep now, writing this itty bitty blog post, I think how great my senora's welcome home chicken soup was. And the big hug she gave me. And the big hugs I am going to give my friends when I get back to America - I can't wait to see everyone!

My flight's booked, my suitcase is out, and my finals are here. I'm back from vacation and speaking in a language that's less of a struggle than it was three months ago.

Where did it all go? I was just sitting in a jazz bar, having friends tell me this would be an experience without words. Well, I definitely tried to give it words. Thousands and thousands of them. And for some reason, five thousand eyes have been following along.

I hope I captured the fragmented bits through my words that will help me not to well up too much and remember how exactly excellent this has all been. Even the part when I ate shark. Here's to a week of memorizing European Union country capitals and stuffing souvenirs in a suitcase and remembering how great every second was. Really really really great.

1 comment:

  1. Oy, soon I will be missing these posts, but, glory be, I'll soon see the real thing!
    Z

    ReplyDelete