Thursday, November 3, 2011

Normal

I finally am having a normal Sevilla Thursday for the first time in weeks. I feel settled!
This blogpost is intended to read like a facebook status that says something as interesting as "just brushed my teeth" but I figured a succinct play-by-play might be riveting for my biggest fans, mis abuelos.

Wake up around 10ish, eat some toast, drink some coffee
Walk to work the 2 miles, gave some tourists directions lost in el Centro's wandering streets
Arrive twenty minutes after 11 - politely late in Spain. Wifi is not working, last week it was the network, next week, who knows? Phone? Coffee machine? Door?
Wrote and edited travel agency website pages for an hour and a bit. This is my jam. Ideal career path.
Went for a long and aimless walk with Joan exploring secret corners and major monuments of the city before eating an awesome montadito (miniwich) of warm brie cheese
Took the metro home. Lazylazylazy.
Ate incredible home-stewed paella for lunch. Add some pieces of hand-deboned fish freshly fried into the dish. Spanish cuisine at it's finest. (Still can't get over the cutting off the tail part. Ick.)
Chilled until restless. Siesta is absurd.
Went out with Katie on a long and aimless stroll of Nervion, our neighborhood. Stopped and joined a gym with Zumba on the way! Finally, an afternoon activity for future days! Also found a new mall, 1 euro tapas, and a Chinese grocery store. Success.
Ran into friends at a cafe. Sat there, because we still did not have anywhere to be for another several hours. Enjoyed company in both English and Spanish.
Came home, and chased three more hours away between homework, personal hygiene (I told you this was like brushing teeth posts!), and talking to my real mom.

Now it's raining again. I got yelled at for not wearing a jacket today in 70 degree weather. The country is in panic mode over occasional thunder. Does not phase me as a New Yorker/Chicagoan.

Let's hope dinner was as good as lunch, the rain clears up, and I can go get free sangria with a bunch of Americans at Long Island bar on Calle Betis.

Some days, I just feel really comfortable.  If this blog bored you, I'm sincerely sorry. But some days just have to be... normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment