Monday, November 21, 2011

"Un Rayo De Sol... oh oh oh"

It's a shame that after a rough week, I finally feel whole again, only to realize I'm in the last 25 days.
I literally just began to feel alive and self-sufficient and energized after several days of disease and exhaustion with a sprinkle of tears.

The next 25 days have to be spent finishing off the bucket list and just hanging with my senores. Today, I enjoyed dancing a little sevillano with Sebas before lunch. Who's going to do that with me in the sorority house? Meanwhile, there's a palace to see and some Spanish sushi to eat and some views to look at. Too bad I'll be spending 12 of the 25 days in the UK and Ireland. Some tough life I've got.

One thing that definitely helped me overcome my mysterious and unfortunate illness was sunshine. After dozens of groggy and dreary days, the sun decided to bathe Sevilla in a warm embrace. I'm feeling poetic today. And much healthier.

One of the only photos of this woman wearing clothes.
We finished watching Lucia y el sexo in cine class this morning which was about Lucia and el sexo. The protagonist kept singing this song about sunshine and love, which occupied a semi-permanent place in all of our minds. We spent the rest of the day humming this song. In this class particularly, I have seen way too much of Paz Vega this semester, Spain's only female movie star besides Penelope Cruz. Lucia y el sexo was the icing on the naked Paz Vega cinematographic cake.  The song is called Un Rayo de Sol, a ray of sunshine. All I needed to feel better.
In case singing this song doesn't work, someone PLEASE buy my a UV lamp for winter in Evanston.  

2 comments:

  1. Sha-la-la-la-la oh-oh-oh
    sounds like Trini Lopez doing "If I had a hammer." You've got to be as old as a zaidy to dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 UV lamp waiting for you - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete