Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Some Firsts, Some Seconds

This morning I woke up aching.

No, I did not have the Plague, which has struck down 18 of my program-mates with food poisoning symptoms. I suffered a mild bought yesterday but bounced back. Delightful stuff, really.

Instead, I was sore from going to the gym for the first time ever. Yay!  I like it, for now, so I went back today! Mom, I know you're proud.

I also managed three full hours of siesta-ing, churros and chocolate, and a big family dinner with my two brothers, host parents, and roomie. All of these happened for the second time ever in Sevilla and since they are now repeat events, I really feel very much integrated into an absurdly high caliber authentic Spanish lifestyle.

An actual picture Alexa Kamm took.
You cancel out the gym by looking at them.
Naps, chocolate-dipped fried food, and family meals. I better be able to emulate these things on campus in the winter or reintegration will be a lot more difficult. I'm thinking my sorority house is a good place for all three of these things and I'm excited about my courses so far, so winter quarter can't be so awful, right?

While I'll miss what I have here, I do look forward to coming home eventually.

PS. Shireinu is having a show this weekend! NU's Jewish A Capella group will have someone else selling tickets and filming. This makes me a little sad. If you're on campus and you love singing Jews and mostly Non-Jews, SHIREINU Presents: Murder Shirote is for you.
3. Spain is still just dandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment