Thursday, July 7, 2011

Apathy and the History of Stuff

I've been told my generation is apathetic. Sometimes, I think we are too. Then I try to tell myself I am not so apathetic. Then I realize I kind of am and so is everyone else I know.
So, I'm trying this new thing where I take advantage of chances to learn because I don't want to be the opposite of apathetic without the knowledge to support it.

So I'm going to start blogging about the History of Stuff, which will soon be the bulk of the content of Stef on Stuff, rather than my personal nothings that usually don't concern you. Whatever - it's better you're here than looking at someone's photo album on Facebook, especially since you haven't talked to them in 10 years and might never see them again. This blog is probably mildly more intellectually stimulating, adding the same degree of meaning to your life as iPhone Scrabble with your sorority sister you aren't really friendly with. Awkward bonding - I already feel the love between me, aimless writer, and you, anonymous reader blossoming on this warm summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment