Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Harry Potter Fails.

Once upon a time, my dad went to London and brought back a burberry hairtie which I'm still mad I lost, and another awesome gift: Harry Potter 1: English edition, before it came out in America.
Despite my early privilege, I stopped at Book 5, page 20. It was a huge book. I got distracted. I never went back.
I may feel like a muggle (or worse, a deatheater) in a sea of peer wizards but that's okay. Except for tonight.

Am I the only person not attending a midnight premiere and in fact, not planning on seeing the movie at all?
I haven't seen the 7 part 1, so this would be like just reading from the middle of the book or straightening half of my hair or eating just the seeds in the watermelon. Flavorless, useless, and non-substantive. I'm better off eating seeds - watching this movie would not grow a watermelon in my stomach. I would just be totally confused.

Ultimately, I don't feel left out too much. More like a cultural anomaly.

No comments:

Post a Comment