Tuesday, July 26, 2011

FWB - reviewing a movie I haven't seen.

So I've seen No Strings Attached but I have yet to see Friends with Benefits. Partly because I'm broke. Partly because I'm busy. Partly because my mom wouldn't go with me. Partly because I can't imagine what the differences are between these two films.

Mila Kunis vs. Natalie Portman.
Justin Timberlake vs. Ashton Kutcher.

Though a close friend has insisted I see FWB just to see JT's cutiepatootiebooty, I'm not sure that spending 9 dollars to see a famous behind is reasonable. Also, is buying this ticket showing support for the culture phenomenon of attempting to really just be friends with benefits?

Once you 'benefit' from this 'friend' one time, will things be the same? I think so, depending on what you do, where you are, who you're with, and how much you drank.

Also, I don't like that it's called FWB. It's a catchy acronym, and it really should be a facebook relationship as much as domestic partnership is, but all friendships should have benefits. Otherwise, you wouldn't be friends, right? Or maybe you sleep with ALL of your friends. That's your thing.

I can also guess how this ends. They likely fall for each other. Now that I feel 87% confident I know the ending, should I bother seeing it? I probably will :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment