Monday, July 25, 2011

On the Radio-uh-oh

Do you ever turn on the radio and go, ohmygawsh this song is totally about me! and then blast the music and sing along, even though you're basically tone def? I do.

But guess what, the song is not about me. or you. or probably anybody we know.
*Gasp* - Grillz was not written about my teeth!? Even after all of that middle school orthodonture? And In da club is not about The Keg of Evanston? Goodness gracious, modern music has misdirected me.

Still, hits like Friday or Ridin' Solo can add uplifting beats to the most mundane activities, like choosing a seat in a friend's car or driving somewhere by yourself.

However, I'm hard-pressed to find a Top 40 hit from the last decade that would work as a wedding 'first dance' song. Unless you're at this wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment