Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cupcakes

I used to think cupcake boutiques were the most absurd thing ever. I still think so, actually. $3.50 for a cupcake?

I am a poor college student. So, since I love free stuff, I'm 100% addicted to Sprinkles.

A good friend shared a little secret with me that offers me a free cupcake EVERY day. This has become the highlight of many an intern's day here at my office because the free cupcakes are a great afternoon 2-block stretch. Any calories potentially burned on the stroll are regained a thousand-fold.

For the first week, we ate cupcakes everyday. We have since suffered cupcakeburnout, an under-researched stress illness caused by simultaneous heatwaves, sugar highs, and frosting overloads. Now, we go more infrequently, but it's impossible to pass up a try of a chai latte flavor or chocolate-frosted banana cake. It would be a shonde not to eat them.

I've decided that in exchange for all the free cupcakes, I will have a cupcake-tower wedding cake. Which will likely be very expensive, but quite efficient for distribution to my hundreds (or thousands?) of guests. This will also require that I marry someone.

For now, I will continue to just enjoy my free intern cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment