Friday, October 7, 2011

Barcelonalways

If you or anyone you know has contacts in the marketing or hospitality industry in Barcelona, please do contact me immediately.

I am deadset on spending either a summer, a year, or forever here.
We woke up and ate fried dough sprinkled with sugar and dipped in melted chocolate. We walked into 4 different cathedrals, each equally stunning to the others. I wonder how Catholic people here even decide where to go on Sundays. I would rotate. Or maybe just stick to the one with a flock of SWANS swimming in the middle of its garden.

Instead of boring you with the glory of my touristically fantastic day, I'll make a short list of highlights.

Things we saw today:
A Wolly Mammoth Statue
Parliament building
Schoolchildren on a scavenger hunt at recess
A zoo that was too expensive to enter
1000 plazas and a mini Arc d'Triomph and Trevii Fountain
Chocolate made by nuns
An outdoor market for pickpocketery and culinary glory
3 salads with carmelized goat cheese
A giant coffee roaster
Catalonians
Tourists
Dumb American study abroad bike tours
Churchs
More churchs

And, Ari's awesome friends Haren and Sam and their awesome friend Pili who are all on the program I chose not to go on, Consortium for Advanced Studies in Barcelona. While I am obsessed with Sevilla (can you tell?), clearly I would have been thrilled to stay here for a long  long long long time.

Now I'm off to some services after eating pre-fast dinner outside looking at a castle. I have much to be thankful for, a bit to repent for, and a lot more reflecting to do in the next 24 hours.

And, I have an incredible breakFEAST to look forward to, prepared by my culinary genius roommates - Julie just handmade truffles. Barcelona is delicious. I will have incredible foodmemories of here. It's probably good I'm fasting tomorrow.

Note: This is not real life. I am experiencing the dreamlike state of study abroad all over again. I'm so infused with the thought of just what endless amounts of yumminess and fascination internationalism can provide. What an end to 5771. A meaningful fast to all those observing Yom Kippur and a meaningful Saturday to everyone reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment