Monday, October 3, 2011

Short, Sweet, and Ancient

This afternoon, after taking a short siesta, I grabbed a prepackaged flan and a spoon and ran out the door to meet my friend Elizabeth.

Having no class all Monday afternoon makes the world your oyster.
No really. Oysters.

We decided to check out the local Gallego Marisco Feria. Galician Shellfish Festival.

We got there and there was nobody there because, as my senora had warned, nothing happens in Spain between 2 and 8 PM. Don't even bother.

Well, Elizabeth and I bothered all around Sevilla for a 2.5 hour walk. While we failed at finding an oyster, I ate my flan by an ancient Roman aqueduct fragment.

After, we shopped at Lefties, and Zara and Baxter scored an awesome going-outfit. I spent time envisioning my future workself dressed entirely in adorable Zara dresses that you simply can't find in the American stores.

So, the nap was short. So am I. Especially in comparison to an aqueduct, which is ancient.

And the flan, it was very sweet.

All in all, a lovely and simple day.

No comments:

Post a Comment