Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Short

This post is short, like me, and my time in Sevilla this week.

I arrived home on Monday morning at 8:45. I had a 9 AM class. I managed to unpack, change clothes, make some toast with butter and jelly, wrap that up, grab the metro to school, and slide into film class around 9:35 AM, largely unnoticed.

It's really hard to understand a movie you miss the middle 40 minutes of, but I got the general gist of Gerald Brennan's lifestory. An 20somethingyearold English novelist comes to Spain, doesn't know Spanish, awkwardly ends up as the Don Juan/Cacique (you know, a cacique - one who runs the politics of a town and shoots people when he feels like it) of the miniature pueblo he stumbled upon.

Sounds like my future as journalist-turned-Queen of Spain.

Anyway, today I went to a covered market and saw the biggest fish ever and pounds of live snails for sale alongside persimmons. I don't think I've ever seen a persimmon before. They look like a cross between a tomato and an orange, but taste a lot better than that sounds I think.

We also have been eating an unusual amount of quince. My senora originally just served quince jelly  with some fresh cheese, but now we're eating chopped quince, baked quince, quince tarts in quince juice.

It's quite delicious. But tomorrow morning, I'm off to Paris! Croissants, baguettes, berets, Louvre, and the Eiffel Tower. Maybe I'll meet a Pierre, or a Jacques.

Too bad I don't speak more than a word of French. Au revoir, blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment